All Helite Air Vests come ready-to-use with a CO2 cartridge. However, buying extra is always encouraged. The CO2 cartridges are specifically designed for all Helite air vest products.
The CO2 cartridge is easy to replace and simple to use. After inflation, it takes less than 2 minutes to replace and get back in the saddle. You can reset the system yourself without any assistance from an authorized person. No special skills or knowledge is required.
In the event of a fall, replace the empty cartridge with a new one of the same capacity and of the Helite brand. Always use Helite CO2 cartridges with your Helite Air vest to ensure proper function of your airbag vest.
With 4 cartridge sizes to choose from depending on the size of your airbag:
- 50 CC
- 60 CC
- 85 CC
- 100 CC
To find out the size of your cartridge, please refer to the label on your airbag vest or liner.
You must always use a Helite cartridge for your Helite airbag system.
ATTENTION - avoid retailers offering non-Helite CO2 gas cartridges as they may cause several issues:
- Technical compatibility problems (not the same gas volume, screw thread, etc.)
- Lower quality compared to Helite cartridges (seal, corrosion, fragility, etc.)
- Loss of the CE certification for the product
- Proper functioning of the airbag system is not guaranteed.
The size of the cartridge is proportional to the size of the airbag. One cartridge is always included with your airbag. We recommend having one additional cartridge that you can use to quickly replace the used cartridge in the case of fall.
All Helite cartridges come with a 10 year warranty and do not have an expiry date.
For safety reasons, we ask you to check your airbag on an annual basis:
Unscrew and weigh your CO2 cartridge on a scale. Ensure it is approximately +/- 3g for 50CC and 60CC cartridges or +/- 5g for 100CC cartridges to the weight written on your cartridge.
Precautions for your CO2 cartridges:
- Use only Helite brand cartridges.
- The cartridge is for single use only. You must replace the cartridge with one of the same size after each inflation.
- If rust or other corrosive marks appear on the outer surface of the cartridge, change it immediately and contact us.
- The cartridge should be stored and used in temperatures below 45°C. Do not expose the full cartridges to high temperatures for long periods of time (in direct sunlight, near a radiator or other heat sources).
- The cartridge must be used at a temperature over 0°C. If stored under 0°C, warm up before use or replace it with a cartridge stored at room temperature.
- Avoid shocks to the cartridge, this could damage it.
- The used or damaged cartridge can be recycled or disposed in accordance with your areas legislation.